Friday, February 4, 2011

"Not to Die"

Good News on the job front this week.  I got an offer from H-E-B (the "local" grocery store with over 300 stores), and I had a second interview with K'Star the local children's shelter and advocacy agency, and finally I got a call for an interview with the Park Superintendent at Enchant Rock State Park.  Wow three GREAT opportunities!  I would love working at any of the places, I think it would be wonderful to know you might have positively affected one or more kids' lives.  I have always dreamed of being a Park Ranger, since I was little and had such positive experiences with them, when we camped as a family.

H-E-B & the Park job offer great benefits and as good as job security as you can find these days.  K'Star, I can picture myself becoming very involved and maybe even becoming the director when the current director retires. (5 years ?), K'Star is very only a couple blocks away (I walked to both interviews), H-E-B is up in Fredericksburg (25 miles away) and Enchanted Rock is about 40 miles away.  Nice  to  have to worry about the possibility of having to decide!

Exercise went pretty well this week.  I still am struggling with eating way too many calories, mainly in the evenings, and eating way too many "sweet snacks".  Milkyways have been the main downfall this week!  I've been onlike alot this week updating profiles, and pictures on the http://www.active.com/ and on the http://www.mapmyrun.com  websites.

Talking about mapmyrun, I complete the "30 miles in 30 Days Challenge" where you are to "run" 30 miles 30 days.  I think this is the first time I have ever completed any kind of physical challenge like that, other than completing the 4 5-K walks I did last year with my daughter.

I ran last night (W5D1) of the couch to 5K program, and for the first time, I wasn't dying to quit running!  When I heard Chris (the announcer on my "podcast" say something like "You sure must be tired, because your last 5 minute run ends now", I thought to myself, "No I'm not, I could keep going!"  That was an awesome moment.  However after the 5 minute 'cool down' walk, I tried to run again and was back to my old self, and could hardly wait for the run to end!  Next session has 8 minute runs...and then session 3 of this week has a nonstop 20 minute run!  I find that awfully intimidating, to say the least.

Well gotta go, lots to do today, as we are having overnight company and then off to the "Not so Fun Run" in Llano tomorrow. I've signed up for the 1 mile walk, to support Leta.  Leta has a great goal for here first race, "Not to Die".  Sounds like a good goal to me!

Vital Stats
Beginning Weight - 214.4
BMI - 31.7
Miles Walked/Ran - 9.58
Y-T-D Miles Walked/Ran - 47.58
Ending Weight -212.8
BMI - 31.4
Weight Lost - 1.6
YTD Weight Lost - 7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment