Saturday, February 26, 2011

Darned Cold

Been an interesting week.  I did run on Monday and on Wednesday.  On Wednesday, I completed W6D2 which was run for 10 minutes, walk for 3 minutes and then run for 10 minutes.  Friday's run was to be the 25 minute nonstop run, but unfortunately I came down with a sore throat and head cold, so I have postponed it until tomorrow (Sunday).  My original plan was to run Friday the 25 minute run and Sunday go to the former state park near here and explore some of the trails.  I'm still trying to decide which I will do.  I'm leaning towards the C25K formal training program run, but I have been known to be spontaneous.  Hopefully the cold and sore throat will be healed enough that I won't be able to use it as an excuse!

I had a good week at HEB.  I only had to use the grocery cart tractor thingie twice this week. ..Of course that may be because I lost the walkie talkie the first time, and the second time , the key to the tractor fell out at some point, but it didn't stop until, I accidentally bumped the emergency shut off ....right in the main traffic lane in front of the store!  Of course that happened right around 6 pm...our busiest hour and as it was turning dark....I tried to move the tractor out of the traffic lane, since the flashing light shut off when the emergency shut off was activated.  Unfortunately, the tractor weighs a ton with all the batteries, and it extremely maneuverable thus I was unable to move it over much.   I ran through the parking lot, looking the key...but alas no luck.  I went in to confess, but luckily someone else had already turned in the key and I was able to move it out of the way before one of our customers wiped out the tractor (and their car!).

In spite of all this, I won a 'Thank you for a job well done" scratch off ticket from HEB  (they hand them out to show their appreciation for job well done).  No it wasn't for my clearing the parking lot of grocery carts, but because I helped put up new signs in the parking lot.  I scratched off the ticket and I won a pint of ice cream, as well as being entered into a drawing for $2,000 this quarter!  Maybe my luck is changing....

Leta and I went out to Mo Ranch and walked the Labyrinth.  Then we went to the Kerrville Wildlife Sanctuary and did some birding.  Saw just a few birds but still had a great day.  Notable birds for us were blue birds and an American Kestrel and we heard a King Fisher and saw some kind of wood pecker.  Also, my most common birding experience occurred repeatedly "I can hear it, but I can't see it".
Leta praying at center of Labyrinth at Mo Ranch



I had a tough time coming to the decision to share this next item.  An accident happened back in my old home town of Jackson Mi, which claimed the life of wife and her unborn child.  Her husband, had started a blog, the day they discovered they were to pregnant, abd has continued to blog.  I feel like such a voyeur reading about his about first his joy and feeling about becoming a father, and then about the unimaginable loss he has suffered, but at the same time, I haven't been able to stop reading and find great inspiration in his faith, and the comments posted there..  It seems the blog was originally entitled Our little secret, but after the accident was changed to 'Sad and Chara" (for Chad and Sara, the parents).  Here is the link if you would like to read it http://sadandchara.blogspot.com/


Vital Stats
Beginning Weight - 212.2
BMI - 31.3
Miles Walked/Ran - 6.38
Y-T-D Miles Walked/Ran - 73.01
Ending Weight -210.2
BMI - 31.0
Weight Lost <Gain>- 2.0
YTD Weight Lost - 9.8

No comments:

Post a Comment