Monday, March 7, 2011

Keeping Pace

Although it feels like I have nothing much to report this week, I did set a personal best of 40:12 on my "5k training route", and I signed up for 2 - 5K's.  I even entered them as runs!  I haven't been able to complete any of the C25K runs, although on Wednesday I did run for about 22 of the 25 minutes.  Friday's run attempt was an "epic failure" (to use a term Leta has picked up from playing Farkle), I don't think I ran for more than 3 minutes at a time and took me over 45 minutes to do the route.  I felt so weak mentally.....Time to try again!

Work was ok this week, and I'm scheduled for Checker Training in  Kerrville, which will be nice, so I don't have to drive to Fredericksburg for 2 days!  Had a great "Because People Matter" company update meeting, highlighting company and store achievements from the past year, and communicating goals and programs for the coming year.   Its my understanding they do these meetings twice a year, and they were very detailed and very well done.  I've been brained washed!  Just one example, they have their own version of The Biggest Loser and last year they selected 10 people to compete.  They winner got $10,000 and at they others got $1,000, a make over and a changed life.   (One person in my meeting stood up and announced she had lost 60 lbs...everyone clapped it was an emotional moment).

Today (Sunday) we took mom to Binini Sculpture Ranch near Johnson City.  What an unexpected delightful afternoon.  The weather was gorgeous and there were a lot more Sculptures (around 100!,
by several artists) and an large gallery with painting, stained glass etc.  I loved it!  Leta Loved it and most importantly Mom loved it.  Here is the link to the photo's I took Binini Sculpture Ranch pictures

Bride at 3 AM
Here is the link to their webpage Binini Sculpture Ranch

Vital Stats
Beginning Weight - 210.2
BMI - 31.0
Miles Walked/Ran - 9.57
Y-T-D Miles Walked/Ran - 82.58
Ending Weight -209.4
BMI - 30.9
Weight Lost <Gain>- .8
YTD Weight Lost - 10.6

No comments:

Post a Comment