Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lost this Week...

But not weight.  Erica came over and we went to Shriner Park and ran and walked for over an hour on the trails there.  We only got lost once or twice.  Had a great time.  Made it to the high point in the park and had a nice view from up there.  Only saw two other 'groups' of people.
Ready to Head Out!
On Wednesday Leta and I had a picnic at Enchanted Rock. I hiked the rock and again made it to the high point.  Then attempted to hike down and around the Rock.  Unfortunately, I decided to follow the path less followed, and ended up losing the trail all together.  I did see lots of interesting rock formations, and wildlife.  And imagined LOTS more around (think rattlesnakes and cougars!).  Luckily (very luckily) I was able to find my way back to the park where Leta was not so patiently waiting for me.  I just returned before she went and notified the park rangers, FBI's missing persons division and the military that I was lost!  I knew she would be worried and she would call out the troops.  All the way back, once I realized how late it was getting, I was praying I would see any helicopters or ranges on quadrunners or on horseback!

I did break  100 miles run/walked Y-T-D this week (including estimated miles at Shriner and Enchanted Rock Parks).
Doesn't look so impressive in this photo


Cool Formation
Delicate Cactus Bloom


General Leta getting ready to direct S&R ops

Yeah the views up there were great too!

I had the weekend off so we went to Austin and watched Abby's and Coach Lindsay's Opening Day Kickball games.  Both teams won, the weather wasn't too hot, and I only got sun burned a bit.  Leta saw lots of old friends and we ran into Mark's parents, Vince and Mary Jane.  As we headed home we stopped and ate at a wonderful BBQ place in Fredericksburg, and then ran into a huge thunderstorm as we headed down route 16 towards Kerrville.  We got hit by hail like I haven''t seen in a long time!  Luckily, there doesn't seem to be any car damage.
Abby on second

Lindsay explaining something to the Umpire

After the games at Gatti's Pizza a tradition.



Vital Stats
Beginning Weight - 204.8
BMI - 30.2
Miles Walked/Ran - 10.88
Y-T-D Miles Walked/Ran - 106.22
Ending Weight -205.2
BMI - 30.3
Weight Lost <Gain>- <.4>
YTD Weight Lost - 14.8

No comments:

Post a Comment