Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 By the Numbers

2011 was a pretty good year.  I started the year at 220 lbs and ended at 202.6 for a loss of 17.4 lbs.  My lowest weight 189.4 lbs on October 1st.  So I have put on 13.2 lbs since then.
 
I participated in 8 running or walking events, my longest being an 8K run in October and my favorite events of the year were the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis and the "Light the Night for Sight" run held at Sea World.  My best time was the "Light the Night" 5K at 34:14 or 11:01 per mile.  I exclude the Fredericksburg Wildflower 5k, because I believe the route was a little short.

I ran/walked for 330 miles over 80 hours in 2011.  That includes training and "competitive" events.  My longest month was 41 miles in January and worst was October (and December) at 8 miles.  I averaged 27 miles a month or just less than 1 mile per day. 

In summary, I think I have lots to be proud of, but also lots of room for improvement and being more consistent!  For Christmas, Leta got me a Garmin Forerunner, GPS watch and heart monitor to help encourage the running!

How was your year?  Any major goals or setbacks overcome or encountered?

Well, gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment