Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Trails to You!

This was an good a week.  I managed not to gain any weight,  I ran over 12 miles, I had a nice visit with Lindsay and Stefanie and especially with Abby and Luke.   Leta's been making fantastic meals, like split-pea and ham soup, quiche, chicken pot pie, etc. Not the least, our housekeeping has improved significantly! I feel reinvigorated about my goals and plans for the month and year! Now if only I could beat Leta at Zuma, life would be fantastic!

Plans for this week include exercising (calastics 2 times, running 3 times, bike ride 1 time), working on finances, taxes, working on back bedroom, planning some for the Disney Trip, completing 1 sewing project (pillowcases for Abby).   We'll see how I do!


This past week I renewed my love for one of my childhood hero's.  Roy Rodgers.  I remember watching him and Dale Evans on Saturday mornings.  I picked up his and Dale Evans autobiography this week at the library and have just started it and am enjoying it immensely!  There is still a huge love of him and Dale, and from all that I have read they were genuinely as "nice" in their off camera life as they were on the screen  And how refreshing is that!  I hope to "do something" with this renewed interest, but not sure what (maybe get an outlandish cowboy shirt, like Roy used to wear...).

In contrast to Roy and Dale,  I was on break at work, and they had a Adam Saddler movie playing on tv, I don't know the name of the movie but Adam was playing a stand up comic and of course is routine was vulgar, filled with graphic sexual descriptions and of course the had him jump in bed with a young female fan.  Although you couldn't "see" thing it was still very graphic as it could be without showing the errrr  body parts.  This was on a regular cable show in the late afternoon (4ish).  I was embarrassed  because there were several young checkers and baggers watching it too.  I was also sad because they never really got to experience they kind of entertainment Roy and Dale used to present, and how far our society has 'progressed'.

It got me thinking how hard (impossible?) it is to raise kids and teach them things like modesty,  and chastity.  Gosh I'm getting old!  Even words like modest and chastity sound so old fashioned and quaint!

Finally, on a more positive note,  the movie "Courageous" comes out on DVD today.  I guess there is some hope for the entertainment industry after all!


So as they used to say "Tune in again next week"....because I have Got to Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment