Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 Ok, Now I'm ready for you to start!

Well we are one week into 2012 and I have already blown some of my 'resolutions'.  I gained another 1.4 lbs.  I didn't 'cross-train' 2 times and my eating, especially 'portion size' was 'terrible' and I only 'ran' 2 times for a total of 5.43 miles, Leta and I haven't developed a budget, and I don't believe we have started tracking how we spend our money.

Well that is the bad news.  The good news is that I'm not really that upset that I haven't made progress on my goals for 2012, for several reasons:
  1. First of all, I'm just a tiny bit upset that I haven''t made progress on my goals for 2012, and I think that is a good thing.   I hope to draw motivation from this first week.
  2. It is early in the year and I realize I'm not going to make progress every week on every goal I have for 2012
  3. We are still dealing with the holidays, Christmas isn't really over yet for us.  We had mom over on the first and ate too much!  We went to Austin to visit/celebrate with Mark, Stefanie, Abby and Little Man Luke. Erica, Tom and Mom are coming later today.  So we are not on a regular schedule yet.  Although I suspect we will never have a 'normal' week!
  4. Although I am a little upset (I hope I'm upset enough),  I am also aware of what caused my 'backsliding' this past week and believe I can do better this coming week and month and year!  I believe its all about balance and moderation and consistency
  5.  Finally, I did make some progress on some of the goals.  I did run 5 miles, I 'cross-trained' 1 time, Leta signed up for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, and I signed up for a race (in Florida no less!).  Oh yeah Leta and I went for our first bike ride of 2012, and I signed up for a 30 day / 30 mile running challenge.



How did you do this first week in 2012?  How do you cope with set-backs?

No comments:

Post a Comment