Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Goals (NOT resolutions!)

Ok so everyone I talk to seems to be adamant about not making New Year's Resolutions, I've decided to yield to peer pressure and not make any resolutions this year.  However I assume everyone is in favor of setting goals.  So here are my goals for 2012.

  1. Loss 24 Lbs (Weigh in at end of year 180lbs).  This equates to 2 lbs per month and should be a reasonable goal, considering my 2011 weight loss journey.  I got down to about 190 in October 2011, but added 15 lbs since then..
  2. Run in 6 Races and complete 6 Sewing projects.  This is my version of 12 in 2012.  I couldn't decide whether to compete in 12 races or complete 12 sewing projects, so I decided to combine them together, but not be too aggressive in my goal setting.
  3. Improve our financial situation.  Create a complete financial plan, including such things as creating emergency and retirement savings and work on past financial debts.
  4. Go to church at least 12 times.  It is hard to believe, we have been here a year and we haven't been to church once!  We have lots of excuses (e.g. I sometimes work Sunday's, we won't find another church like Living Water, etc.)  Like the Nike ad, advises, "Just do it".
  5. Speaking of Nike ads, my final goals are a couple more fitness goals.  Walk/run 500 miles (up from 300 this year) and to cross-train a minimum of 2 times a week.
I'm planning on tracking my goals on the website 43things.com

Do you make New Year's Resolutions or formally set Goals?  Do you formally record and track your progress or otherwise hold yourself accountable?

Gotta Run!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment