Monday, December 19, 2011

Jingle Bell Run - Score one for Team Hill Country Trekkers



Luke even got in the spirit by being in costume!

Our team had 9 members and some interesting "facts".  Our youngest member (Luke Boyle, grandson) was 29 DAYS  old, a less than a month postpartum mom (Stefanie Boyle) who gave birth via c-section, oldest member (though not registered for the race, Virginia Griffin) 84 years old.
Mom and Linda finished a mile!  Mom's first in a few years! Linda pushed mom in a wheel chair !   Mom's legs were tired and Linda's arms were tired after the race!
Mike and his first place Jingle Bell!
Mike Largo (Brother-in-law) finished 1st in his age bracket (60+),
 my daughter Erica Griffin finished last in her age bracket (20-29) and last overall.  I'm sure Erica would like me to explain that she walked with me instead of running her own race, and that she actually beat me, but official timing doesn't show that since I didn't pick up a timing chip! 

 I would like to explain that I walked with my granddaughter  (Abby Boyle, age 7)
Abby's pre-race concentration..
or was she just trying to adjust her  Jingle Bells?
 instead of running my own race!  Finally, I'm sure Abby would like me to explain, that this was her first 5k and it was the "farthestest she has ever walked!"


Mark Boyle took great pictures during the race and kept a good look out for our Ohio Buckeye runner, Lindsay, and he check almost every ravine to see if she had gone off on her own course!

Lindsay stretching prerace.  She ran most of it and did very well! 

I got to add another "interesting sign" see on the race course:


Although it was dark, and we were one of the last to finish.  Finish we did!


After the race we enjoyed the million of lights of the "Light the Way Festival".  


We then headed out over to Mi Tierra's, which is always decorated like it is Christmas time!  We enjoyed the food and got to experience a mariachi band bar with all the whistling and eye-ya-eyeing anyone could ever ask for!


Post Race Meal, at an institution in San Antonio!

We raised almost $400.  We had a great time (Especially Mike!), hopefully I'll do better next year on the recruiting and fund raising!  

Click here to get a '3D flyover' of the course....and a straight line flight from the finish line to Mi Tierra's where I accidently pressed the 'restart' button on my Forerunner Watch!   Flyover! 

(I think you might need Google Earth to see this, but I'm not sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment