Thursday, December 1, 2011

November Recap - What a month!?!

Our 7 lb Turkey!

November, what a month it was.  First and most importantly, Luke joined us in time for thanksgiving, him and his mom are doing just fine, giving us another reason to be thankful.  Lindsay prepared the thanksgiving day meal and did a wonderful job of it.  None of us were struck with food poisoning, again giving us reason to thank the Almighty for his blessings.  We got to have a Sunday dinner with Erica, Tom  and my mom, and return the hedge-hog to Erica, and yes it was still alive, giving me a few more reasons to count my blessings!  We purchase a new little car, giving us transportation once again.  Finally, and not necessarily least, Michigan 40, Ohio State 34, priceless!

The finish line (and ambulance) are in sight!

I ran a 5k in November, the Fredericksburg Turkey Trot, and took 3rd in my age group, receiving the bronze medal for my efforts, and the fact that only 2 others in my age bracket participated!  It was a beautiful day for a run.  I finshed the race in 39:59, breaking the 40 minute mark!

I'm signed up for 2 runs in December.  Friday is the 5k run at Sea World.  I'm pumped about it, and hope to do well.  Sea World should be decorated for Christmas so I'm expecting a neat 'looking' run.  I'm also signed up for the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis, and am looking forward to that race.

Speaking about looking forward, Leta gave me my Christmas gift early.  She got me a Garmin Forerunner 410, a GPS sports "watch", that can track all kinds of workout and run data, helping in training and running of races.  She gave it to me early so I could try to figure out how to use it, prior to the upcoming races.  So far, I've figured out how to charge it!  <I should be reading the owners manual now, but of course this blog is more important!>

Did I just mention workout statistics and facts?  My numbers from November are a mixed bag. My weight is back up, I'm within 1 pound of the dreaded 200 pound mark.  I did work out a few more times in November than in October, and ran 20.97 miles vs just over 8 miles.  My total mileage for the year stands 321 miles.

Goals for December:  Increase mileage again, exercise more consistently and add some 'cross training', resume lossing weight, and set goals for next year!

How was your November?  What are you most thankful for?  Do you set goals or make New Years.'s resolutions?



Well laundry should be just about dry.  Gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment