Saturday, January 8, 2011

Progress(?) Report Week 1

Well the first week of 2011 draws to a close and it seems we have made some progress on settling into our new house and job search, although much more needs to be done.  First the bad news, I haven't found  a job yet, but I remain optimistic that the Lord has good things instore for me, and I have a couple leads to follow up on.  Second the house is slowly getting put together and boxes unpacked.  We really need to pick up the pace on this effort!  Third I haven't exercised as much as I wanted to, and I haven't come across our bathroom scale yet (prolly because of issue number two enumerated above!).  Fourth,  I haven't been able to take care of some administrative issues (e.g. getting a Texas driver's license ) yet, for several reasons. Finally, I haven't worked much on my various goals and 2011 resolutions.


Now for the good news, we did accomplish a few things this week.  We purchased (ok Mom purchased) a car (when I find the usb cable that fits the camera, I'll try to post a picture of the 2009 Fire Engine Red Chevy HHR!)  and we were even able to purchase insurance! (Boy is that a story!) We also made a trip to the food bank at St. Vincent De Paul's and browsed several resale shops looking for some furniture and household furnishings.  I did get out and walk 2 times this week totaling approximately 5.7 miles in 1.9 hours (call me molasses as it is January!)  I did apply for several jobs and have a few more to follow up on next week.


Leta and I enjoyed our first picnic of the year on Thursday.  It was just a little chilly when the wind blew, but we were in the sun so it was definitely tolerable.  We picnicked in the park along the Guadalupe River here in Kerrville  and enjoyed the first Sonic burgers of the year.


Relationship-wise this week was great.  We plan on meeting with Mark Boyle tomorrow in Johnson City and with Erica, Tom and my mom on Sunday for dinner at our house.  We met a very nice Christian used car salesman (no oxymoron or sarcasm intended!).  He is a displaced Michigander and reminds us of Ben Kriesch!  He has  invited us to church and even called me to suggest a couple of places to work.


Tonight we drove to Bandera and met with old friends (although I just met them tonight!)  I baked bread to take with and they provided the rest of the meal and great hospitality.  Leta and Claude and Cheryl reminisced and we had an extremely good time.  They reminded me of our other great friends, Woody and Bendy up in Michigan!


Well that about sums up the week!  Blessing to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment