Saturday, January 22, 2011

Marking Time

Another week has come and gone.  The weather has been great considering it is January although we did have a couple cold nights, but the days have been sunny and in the 50-60's for the most part.  I haven't found a job yet, but continue to apply and at least there are ad's here for positions.  I think Leta is more discouraged than I am.  She is discouraged about everything, med's, lack of money and jobs, job prospects, and family relationships.

Not only is she depressed and discouraged, but she is bored.  She expressed and interest in painting rocks, so I have picked her up a few and booked marked a web page for some examples.  We did pick up some paint pens for her and I hope to get her some more rocks and maybe some clear acrylic paint so she can have a smooth service to work on and seal the work when completed.

We did have mom over for Sunday brunch, on Monday (she would say we are late for everything) but it was mainly because the weather was foggy, cold and rainy on Sunday.  We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and fruit salad.  It was all yummy!

We are getting settled in, I even got the bird feeders up, and plan on starting our 'yard' list.  Leta went to a bible study on King David, and about 150 women were in attendance.  We went to Trinity Baptist Church on Sunday and were please with the experience, although it wasn't home church!  While Leta was at the bible study, I dropped of some applications and ran some errands.  I stopped at the Birds Unlimited store to ask about birding "hot spots" and met Richard Redmond who offered to take me birding at the local nature center.   I did see a Golden Fronted Woodpecker, but we didn't find the Green Kingfisher or Green-winged Teal.  Also present were cedar wax-wings, blue jays, cardinals, yellow rumped warblers, white tail deer, Carolina chickadees and turtles sunning themselves.

Health-wise  this week was pretty good. I completed Week 2 of the Couch to 5 K program, although day three was tough!  I just download week 3 onto the MP3 player so I'm good to go.  I'm thinking about heading out, although this should be a rest day.. I'm feeling pretty good, even though yesterday's run seemed hard.  I've gotten in almost 10 miles in again this week, so I would like to increase my mileage as I work to getting into shape for the Llano Not so Fun Run on Feb.5th.  Another reason I want to run, is I have over-eating averaging over 3000 calories (a guess).

Vital Stats
Beginning Weight - 219
BMI - 32.3
Miles Walked/Ran - 9.98
Y-T-D Miles Walked/Ran - 25.27
Ending Weight -215
BMI - 31.7
Weight Lost - 4
YTD Weight Lost - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment