Friday, May 13, 2011

MIA

I've definitely been Missing and Inactive!  I can't believe its been almost a month since my last post, and ever since the Blue Bell Ice Cream Run I haven't been very active.  Even though I did run the Fredericksburg Wildflower 5 K run.

I was pretty excited when I saw the results (a PR for me at 32:37).  However, I thought it was a bit odd, as I really didn't think I was running all that fast, but on the other hand I did only walk 1 time and for just a few minutes.  After the race, I was reading the reviews of this race , a few people commented that their gps devices showed the distance as only 2.8 miles instead of the 3.1 miles.  Hmmm... I'm still claiming the PR, but I suspect the distance was short.

I haven't been out running much, but at work they have me 'walking the floor' as we go through our wall-to-wall remodel and reset.  I believe I walk over 20,000 steps in an eight hour day, although I'm not sure what that equates to in miles.  Bottom line is I think I'm still getting the exercise that I need, without the normal running routine.  

The downside to all the walking seems to be my feet are exhausted, hurting and achy by the end of the day.  I've tried alternating shoes (my running shoes seem to do best ) and looked into the Dr Schools orthodics but they cost $50.  My the gel pads will suffice.  Also I'm not scheduled for as many hours this week and next week.

Tomorrow night the Relay for Life walk starts.  I plan on heading over there after work and walking my lap or two around the track.  Our team, HEB Helping hands as already raised over $18,000 easily surpassing our goal of $1,000.  Linda, Mike and Mom are supporting me by making a donation!  Thank you!

I need to go take a shower (yes I did run (ok,I mostly walked) today, as it was a day off  from work for me!)

Vital Stats
Beginning Weight - 199.6
BMI - 29.5
Miles Walked/Ran - 3.19
Y-T-D Miles Walked/Ran - 155.46
Ending Weight -198.6
BMI - 29.3
Weight Lost <Gain>- 1.0
YTD Weight Lost - 21.4

April Stats:
Miles Ru - 33.71
Weight Lost - 4 lbs (estimated)

No comments:

Post a Comment