Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl 7K and weekly Recap

Erica Freezing At Super Bowl Sunday 7K
It was a very cold and blustery day, even a bit of rain in the air. But Adrian Neri, Jarrett Ersch, and myself met in the HEB parking lot at 6:30 am and headed to Lady Bird Johnson Community Park in San Antonio. We met my daughter Erica and picked up our packets. We had planned on being a team of 7 but unfortuneately Sanda and Alex Switzer were unable to attend, due to the recent loss of their husband and father. Erica's Tom couldn't make due to an errrr...unavoidable hangover and good common sense not to out running in 40 degree, raining, windy conditions. We did have a good time with Jarrett leading the team with a chip time of 36:51.0 or 8:28 per mile, Adrian came in next with a time of 40:08.2 or 9:14 pace, good for 11th in his age bracket. Erica came in next at 57:33 or 13:14 per mile, but she ran with me, so I probably pulled down her time. I came across the finish line at 57:37.4 or 13:37. After the race we enjoyed lots of treats with the main sponsor being HEB. The goodies included pizza, wings, nachos, chips, cookies, fruit. We all enjoyed hot chocolate and coffee and other adult beverages were available. There was a good turn out for this race, and they signed up 20-30 people for the bone marrow registry. The race was a fund raiser for "Transplants for Children" charity. We returned to Fredericksburg, happy for a safe race and good day! I was even so motivated, I am considering the Lone Star Half Marathon planned for April 19th.

As for my other goals for the week, I did exercise quite a bit, at least walking! 6 Work outs, for 14.1 miles! But didn't really accomplish any progress on my other goals and resolutions for 2014.
Jarrett Ersch with Spurs Coyote before Race

No comments:

Post a Comment