Friday, November 4, 2011

False Alarm, and October Recap

A few days ago I reported that Little Luke was on his way.  Well technically, that was (and is) correct, he still hasn't made his eagerly awaited entrance as of yet.  His Mama said something like "7-10 days, 3 weeks tops, Buddy!"

October started out great.  I participated in the Kraut 8k run in Fredericksburg and took 2nd in my age group (out of two participants), and I won a medal!  I also set a personal record (PR) for the 8k distance, as this was my first attempt at this distance.

I only exercised two other times for the month.  For a grand total of 8.22 miles for the month and completing just over 300 miles for the year.  Leta and I did go out and walk around the apartment complex several times, but I did not include those walks in my totals.  I did manage to maintain my weight at 190 lbs.  But the trend was not good as by the end of the month I was eating tons of sugar (I'll blame Halloween and drinking real Cokes, along with rediscovering pies, and cheese cake).

The lack of exercise and the over consumption of sugar needs to be reversed!  My goals for this month are to exercise at least 10 times during the month, and to get back on track with the diet.  And to finish (start) Little Luke's quilt.  Finally I need to get signed up for the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k aka "America's Sweetest Race", which features Ghirardelli hot chocolate and fondue after the race.  I WILL run for chocolate!

Leta has signed us up for the Hill Country Turkey Trot on Saturday 11/26/11 at 8:30am, and we are signed up for the Jingle Bell Arthritis run, for Saturday December 17, 2011 at 5:30PM,  So far no one else has joined our team or made a donation, but I'm still optimistic....

Gotta run!

(I think I just 'stumbled' up my closing tag line for this blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment