Sunday, November 13, 2011

Back on Track?

Good news on many fronts!  Leta's disability came through, so we have some cash.  We got a new car, so we have transportation, more than just a bike.  My Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis has made it to 5 team members, half way to the goal, and I haven't even asked at work.  I got out and exercised 3 times this week, equaling the number of times I exercised for the entire month of October.  I've signed up for a 5K on Saturday after Thanksgiving, a run to benefit the local school system.  And today we are finally going to celebrate Erica's birthday!  So things seem like they are getting back on track.

We had a nice celebration with Erica, Tom, Tom's brother, Gordon, and my mom.  Erica requested Hungarian Goulash, and we had noodles, corn, asparagus, sour-dough bread, celery and carrot sticks with a dip.  Mom brought a Velvet cake and we had chocolate ice-cream.   Leta had found a very pretty 'hobo bag' for in Austin, and we put some chocolate bars, energy bars, hot chocolate and gummi bears it.  We also put a pair of Christmas socks.

While she was here Erica mentioned a run at Sea-World on December 2, to benefit Prevent Blindness - Texas.  This is a fund raiser for a group that promotes eye screenings, eye health, vision research and advocacy for eye health, research, etc.  After the run, there will a private showing for the participants.  I assume Sea-World will be decorated for Christmas too, so I think this should be a pretty cool run too!  I signed up for it, now to work on Leta!

Well the laundry is waiting to be transferred to the dryer, so....

Gotta Run


No comments:

Post a Comment