Friday, October 21, 2011

Cooler at Last

My favorite time of year is finally arrived in Texas.  Although it is much cooler, with nights in the 40's days generally in the 80-90m range, and it does feel a bit like fall., the trees and foliage haven't started to change colors (other than turn brown after a couple of rain storms, at least temporarily, breaking the drought).

Since last post, I ran the 8K Kraut Run here in Fredericksburg and completed it in just over 1 hour.  That was good enough for 2nd place in my age division. Yeah ok, there were only 2 of us in my age division, but I still accepted the medal!   That was the last time I exercised, other than riding my bike (sole means of transportation, other than the old reliable, "shoe leather express".  So I've renewed my commitment, to continue to exercise and eat better, as I have "backslid" a bit in that area as well.    The good news is, that after the run I was down to my lowest weight in years at 189.4, and I have added less than a pound.  Thank you Jesus, as that is a miracle.

Celebrated my birthday with Erica and Mom.  Leta was visiting with Mark and Stefanie and Abigail.  We both had great visits!  Leta got to go to the Wildfire Victims Relief Concert, featuring Willie Nelson, Dixie Chicks, George Strait (need I say any more Leta?) and other Texas legends.  They raised over 500,000 and are still counting.  Leta also went with Stef to her doctor's appointment and got to see the latest ultrasound of Luke Edward.  (Which reminds me, I STILL haven't started on his blanket yet!   Yikes another thing to get finished!)

I recently read a small book that had letters CS Lewis had written to children.  It was great and I like CS Lewis even better than before I read the book.  I wouldn't have thought that was possible!  I'm also rereading "The Perfect Day" by Richard Paul Evans, another of my favorite authors.

What are you reading?  Who is your favorite author(s)?

Gotta Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment