Sunday, September 25, 2011

Goals...grrrr

Time for a rant.  I don't know why I set goals or write lists.  I don't often accomplish more than a couple of them, if even that many!  Then I fret and worry and berate myself.  Just as an example in my last post, I set 5 goals, and it looks like the only one, I'll even "complete" is the "Training program for the upcoming Kraut Run".   It is only because it is an 'open ended' type goal, that I can claim it.



This weekend was Stefanie's baby shower, (or should I say it was "SBL"s (Sweet Baby Luke's) Baby shower)??  And the baby quilt...well it is still uncut fabric in a drawer someplace.   Although I'll claim one step forward on it, I just purchased an iron as our old one is missing since the move.


Oh the move...that was a goal to get unpacked.  We have done maybe 4 boxes from the "storage room"  and still are eating off of paper plates.  Although I have found 1 coffee cup....I was using it to scoop cat litter (CLEAN litter!)  and had to reclaim it for its original intended use.  On a positive note...I did find the bathroom scale, although I had to replace the batteries.


As for my running 12 times and 30 miles in September, I think I'll hit 10 times and 34 miles!  IF I get out and do my last 3 work outs this week!  


Final note, picked up a new bike at Wal-mart today.  Brought it home and assembled it.  Took it out for a ride and nothing fell off, so looks like I can retire the almost 40 year old Fuji Special Road Racer.  It has been a great ride!


  • As I was typing this entry, I went from being frustrated and down on myself , to mildly surprised that I was actually closer to my goals than I thought I was.  Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself?
  • Do you use goals and how to you react when you don't accomplish them?

Vital Stats
Beginning Weight - 193.8
BMI - 28.6
Miles Walked/Ran - 13.48
Y-T-D Miles Walked/Ran - 280'11
Ending Weight -190.4
BMI - 28.1
Weight Lost <Gain>- 3.4
YTD Weight Lost - 29.6


No comments:

Post a Comment