Sunday, January 20, 2013

Goals for 2013

“Accepting oneself does not preclude an attempt to become better.”
 ― Flannery O'Connor


It has been a week already since my last blog entry, and I thought I was going to make an entry the next day.  I've decided to just list some of the goals.  I've even started on putting them together in a three-ring binder!

I was browsing the H-E-B website early this morning and I noticed on the Health Living Page, that if all my biometric numbers are within the "optimal" range, they will pay a $175 dollar bonus in December!  If they are:
  • Blood Pressure (<120/<80)
  • Fasting Glucose (<100mg/dL)
  • Body Mass Index (18.5 -24.9)
  • Total Cholesterol (<200 (LDL<100,HDL >60)
My first goal is to qualify for the Biometric Bonus!

To get there I will need to lose weight.  My goal weight should be in the range of 130 -165, which means my  second goal is to lose a minimum of  52 lbs, or about a lb a week for the entire year, but I only have until have until September 30th!

I will do this by exercising a minimum of 2 times per week, tracking my progress, by blogging and logging my journay through the coming year, and entering a minumum of 6 races (1 mile minumum distance).

I would like to finish a minimum of 6 sewing projects.  At least 4 of which using Fabrick already purchased!

My financial goals are to continue to work on our budget system, save more than just what is going into the 401K, increase by 1/2 of a percent and resolve some past issues that are still out there.

Spiritually, I would to be more intentional about devotions, reading the bible and going to church.  A goal of 1 once per month seems like a 'doable' goal!

OK they are now in writing and fairly specific.  Now I need to actually do them and be held accountable.  

YOU have my permission to keep me on track, and/or encourage me!

Gott run!


No comments:

Post a Comment